Floral Design Assistants
Elliott Events is currently seeking a seasonal floral design assistant. This entry-level position is an opportunity to get hands-on experience in all aspects of floral design, while assisting the master floral designers at Elliott Events. The ideal candidate is looking for experience in an exciting and artistic field, as well as the chance to join a team of some of the most talented floral designers in Nashville.
- Event set up of florals and equipment
- Assist Lead Designers
- Processing Flowers/Plants (watering, cleaning)
- Set tables/break down tables
- Cleaning containers, decor. glass, etc.
- Setting up wedding/event decor
- Making boutonnieres, corsages and centerpieces
- Assist Lead Florist in large installations
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the studio
- Event breakdown and clean up (Cleaning of glassware, vessels and etc)
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Works positively in a team environment
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (carriers full of arrangements, cases of vases, candles, etc)
- Ability to work on feet for 10+ hours if needed.
- Comfortable on a ladder during installations
- Self-sufficient and motivated
- Availability to work weekends
- Weekday opportunities: inventory and restocking, unpackaging floral deliveries, prepping flowers, including assembly for upcoming weekend.
*While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties when business need dictates.
Job Type: Seasonal
Pay: Based on experience. Starting at $10 per hour.
HOW TO APPLY: If you’d like to be considered for this position email your resume to email@example.com
Submit any art-related work that expresses your creativity and talent in a PDF form or with a link to a portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org